Friday, April 7, 2017

King's Cage Book Tag (with Vasari Pages)

*answers are deeply affected by my love for King's Cage

Disclaimer: I only marked spoilers for King's Cage, so make sure you've at least read Red Queen and Glass Sword before proceeding. Okay? You have been warned.


Favorite Book

King's Cage, definitely. It's more rounded and alive. You can read my review of King's Cage for further explanation.) 

Red Queen is a very close second. After all, it introduced me to Mare's world and everything in it. Looking back at when things were still so innocent and pure - compared to King's Cage - is also fun.

Favorite Character

The Calore brothers. Yes, even Maven. (Keep reading to know why.)

Not my favorite but Evangeline Samos - yes, her - made it to my liked list by the end of King's Cage. Despite being quite literally born and bred for the throne, she is still her own person who has a soft spot for her brother and an even softer spot for somebody else. 

Least Favorite Character

In all honesty, still reeling from Glass Sword, it was between Kilorn and Julian, as they're often just idle characters. And then King's Cage came along and the arrow turned to Cameron. Believe me, I liked her in the first sequel more than I did Mare. She was blunt, confident, and independent. And then in King's Cage, I just ended up neither loving nor hating her exactly. 

Favorite Power

Regardless of their lust for the crown and prickly attitudes, I'd go for being a magnetron like a Samos. Mostly because, unlike elemental powers, there's no corresponding weakness to metal. And it can be both for offense and defense. And you can make sleek-ass clothes with it.

Favorite Silver Family

Calore. Need I say more?  


Favorite Ship


MARECAL HANDS DOWN. Yes, they have their personal issues and demons but what true relationship doesn't. It took some time but when they finally professed their feelings, I died of happiness. Multiple times. *cough* ACT THREE OF KING'S CAGE *cough*



Favorite Scene(s)
*real spoilery*

Pre-King's Cage, it was basically any scene with the Calore siblings using their abilities. (It actually still surprises me up to this point whenever Maven brings out fire.) Then there's Cal teaching Mare to dance. And of course, the favorites of [fictional] sadists like myself, ex-King Tiberias VI's and Elara's deaths, or rather, murders. 

Post-King's Cage, and there's so much that can I just throw in the whole book? If I were to narrow it down, it'd be the whole of Act Three which essentially equates to everything MareCal from their Samson-controlled fight (fucking heartwrenching!) to their training fight (fucking badass that fulfilled all my ship dreams) and let's not forget, every adorable relationship moments in between. 



Least Favorite Scene

I would honestly say, Mare in Glass Sword but she isn't a scene. So none in particular, that I can remember. (Which is a good thing!)



Maven or Cal?

Ah yes. Both. The Calore brothers are each their own person and I love them differently for those particular reasons but love them all the same. 

If you've read enough of my reviews, you'll know that I have a soft spot for well-rounded antagonists and Maven is part of that list, especially highlighted in the events in King's Cage. I have loved him from the beginning when he was still the boy of our dreams and was actually Team Maven before he broke my heart. One of the aspects I enjoyed about King's Cage was getting to know Maven beyond the idea of being a "jealous baby brother". I can attest that he is definitely more damaged than being just that, thanks to mother-of-the-century Elara. There were reasons behind his actions that I had understood and grown pity for, no matter how brutal and savage and evil. 

Then there's Cal. I don't know how to explain except for the fact that he's the other half of MareCal (so it's basically a given to love him unconditionally). And that he's innately a kind and caring person, especially to the people he loves. And that I completely stand by his decision, that was made with hope for a better nation, at the end of King's Cage. What would you have expected from the crown prince, after all?

Favorite Quote

Ever since I read this in Glass Sword, I have never forgotten: 


“He leans forward slightly, lips pulling back against his even, white teeth. It’s so aggressive and animalistic I expect to see fangs. “I am your rightful king, Silver-born for centuries,” he replies, seething. “The only reason you’re still breathing is because I can’t burn the oxygen from this room.”



No comments:

Post a Comment