Sunday, December 31, 2017

FUCK 2017: Top 5 Best Movies in 2017



(1) DUNKIRK
                      
As a cinematic retelling of the events of Dunkirk, Christopher Nolan delivers and places first in my list. With minimal dialogue, maximum visual experience, and the Nolan flair with time, needless to say, I was speechless as the credits rolled and even after I left the cinema.

(2) WONDER WOMAN
Putting aside bias, Gal Gadot perfectly encapsulates the innocence and strength of Diana Prince, side by side Chris Pine's Steve Trevor, 2017's Wonder Woman got me sold (not that I wasn't before, honestly).

(3) THE LEGO BATMAN MOVIE

Even as a kid, I have never been fond of Lego's. They are just painful. But, as Batman fan, I had to check it out and surprisingly, I wasn't disappointed. It had the right wit and knowing humor - the perfect parody to the typical seriousness of the Dark Knight.

HONORABLE MENTIONS
Yes, I know for a fact that this is supposed to be top 5 list but don't blame me. Not all movies I like end up in that special place, but here are two that were almost there.

(4) SPIDER MAN: HOMECOMING

The third reboot to the resident web crawler was a coming-of-age, more than anything, and I found that that's what I liked about it the most. Tom Holland with the new Midtown High ensemble and of course, Robert Downey Jr. was a refreshing take on the not-quite origin story. 



(5) WAR FOR THE PLANET OF THE APES
While the title is a slight misdirection (war, really?), Matt Reeve's trilogy ends with a lot of heart and visually stunning cinematography. 

AND THAT'S HOW I WILL END 2017. What a year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment