Monday, August 26, 2013

Bout of Books 8.0: Wrap Up

It greatly unfortunate to bid farewell to this great and challenging reading adventure.

General Goals:
1) Finish at least 2-3 books.
2) Read at least 500 pages.
3) Participate in one Twitter chat.
4) Do 2-3 challenges.

Books:
Thirteen Moons by Charles Frazier
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer #1) by Michelle Hodkin (review)
Fanny and Sue: A Novel by Karen Stolz
The Gathering by Anne Enright
If I Stay (If I Stay #1) by Gayle Forman (review to come)

Pages:
I flipped and read a total of 1133 papers with printed words.

Twitter Chat:
I was happily able to participate in the Monday and Wednesday #BoutofBooks chat. If you've noticed, I stated my cooperation on Tuesday and Thursday because of the time zones.

Challenge:
The Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday challenges are the ones that I am lucky enough to have time to take part in. It's a great deal of fun, and a sort of learning experience as well.


Compared to my first Bout of Books (7.0), the results are higher than I expected and I am definitely happy and proud about it despite the hangovers, headaches, and slumps it caused afterwards.

How about you? Were you able to reach your goals? Do you see any differences - positive and/or negative - from your recent Bout of Books read-a-thon? First timers, what is your experience like? Feel free to share.

Don't forget to visit the Bout of Books website for further information regarding Bout of Book 9.0 and other fun stuff (like the review-a-thon). Till we read again!

No comments:

Post a Comment