Thursday, December 29, 2016

F*CK 2016 EPISODE 4: The Silver Linings of this Year



I gotta be honest. 2016 wasn't completely bad and these books are the simple reasons why.

1 Six of Crows/Crooked Kingdom



Because this is my list, I'm merging this duology into one great book because that's basically what this is. SOC/CK sits right there beside The Infernal Devices as my favorite series(es?) of all time. Leigh Bardugo brought to life this amazing and unique characters with their own living worlds that one could just transport themselves there. I quickly fell in love with all of them and I'm still quite bitter there's only two books.

Review!

2 Lady Midnight

Lady Midnight reminded me how much I love Cassandra Clare. With enough (actually, maybe too much) knowledge about the Shadow World and all its characters, this series starter was extremely enjoyable to read. The setup itself is different as we've already been introduced to Emma and Julian prior and I think it's a pretty good start for The Dark Artifices. I really can't wait for more.

Review!

3 All the Bright Places

2016 wouldn't be complete without a contemporary and ATBP fits the bill. I was an emotional wreck after reading and as much as it hurts, I wouldn't change it. ATBP introduced me to new, substantial, and human characters and an antagonist that doesn't have to be a tangible villain. It was heartfelt and raw and real. 

4 The Rose Society

If you've been a veteran of this blog, it's not news that I haven't read The Young Elites before this sequel. Yes, I know, stupid mistake. The European atmosphere got to me.

Image result for illuminaeHowever, that didn't stop me from enjoying The Rose Society. I've been a fan of Marie Lu since the Legend Trilogy and believe me, she didn't lack in her next series. I love anti-hereos *coughKazBrekkercough* and she delivered Adelina as both the protagonist of the story and the antagonist of her world really well.


5 Illuminae

Very recently read as in on the 28th of December. I'm just glad it reached this list because IT. FUCKING. BELONGS. I can't even properly process the brilliance and creativity that this book was (mostly because I haven't made a review so my emotions are very much all over the place, so watch out for that!).

No comments:

Post a Comment