Saturday, May 16, 2015

Bout of Books 13.0: Favorite Read Photo Challenge + Review

A photography challenge. About books. I couldn't resist. Hosted by Stephanie of Once Upon a Chapter.

Seconds after reading the explanatory post, I literally got my camera and grabbed The Lover's Dictionary - my fave so far - and went to work.


The Lover's Dictionary told the love story between two unnamed people who go through the rollercoaster of a relationship. It was raw and riveting and my heart smiles and aches for them. I love how their gender weren't disclosed - they could easily be anyone.

abberant, adj. 
"I don't normally feel this good about what I'm doing." 
Measure the hope of that moment, that feeling. 
Everything else will be measured against it.

No one can't deny that it isn't phenomenally written. Because it is. The story telling concept was very unique and it captivated me all throughout.





My only discomfort was having to return to my phone to search the word in the dictionary every few pages. There's no given definition and I'm not an expert in vocabulary. I do think that having the meaning printed would further deepen the reading experience.

yearning, n. and adj.
At the core of this desire is the belief that everything can be perfect.
Still, it was a book, absolutely worth flipping to. Every moment of their relationship felt real, especially with a single word capturing it all. How much I was magnetized by this book is simply indescribable.






No comments:

Post a Comment