Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Bout of Books 16.0: Catching Up

Recently, life has been going by quite fast that my legs and lungs have been burning trying to keep up. But my bookshelf has been in a standstill and it's about time to catch up.

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 9th and runs through Sunday, May 15th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 16 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. 
- From the Bout of Books team


Despite having read 2 novels of a hundred++ pages, I am still 3 books behind schedule and even more reviews short.

Goals goals goals would be: 

  • read a maximum of 3 books (to get back on track) and a minimum of 2
  • write reviews of previously read books and post them 
  • write reviews of finished books and also, post them 
  • join a Twitter chat! (that means fixing my Twitter/email problems from last time)
  • try all challenges for maximum enjoyment

MONDAY
Books read: 0
Pages read: 0
Books finished: 0
Challenges done: nada

What a great start to a read-a-thon! Today was elections and everybody was frantic and going crazy with the results. Pray for the Philippines.

TUESDAY
Books read: 0
Pages read: 0
Books finished: 0
Challenges done: 0

*walks through the aisles of books* SHAME! SHAME! I had a meeting and went out with friends afterwards that I never had the opportunity to open my iBooks and flip open the first page.

WEDNESDAY
Books read: 1(Ruined by Amy Tintera)
Pages read: 48 ebook pages
Books finished: 0
Challenges done: 1 (Fantastic Films and Why You Should Watch Them)

Finally, here's some progress. It's slow but at least it's coming. I've still half of the week to do what I was meant to go, catch the f*ck up.

THURSDAY
Books read: 1 (Ruined by Amy Tintera)
Pages Read: 188 ebook pages
Books finished: 0!
Challenges done: 0

Read until past midnight. Progress.

FRIDAY
Books read: 1 (Ruined by Amy Tintera)
Pages read: 83 ebook pages
Books finished: 1! *cue confetti* Ruined by Amy Tintera
Challenges done: 0

SATURDAY
Books read: 0
Pages read: 0
Books finished: 0
Challenges done: 0

WiFi: broken :(

SUNDAY
Books read: 0
Pages read: 0
Books finished: 1
Challenges done: 0

A review is in progress. Later update: a review is finished.

FINAL RECAP
Bout of Books 16 was both an awesome success and a sad try-again-next-time. I wasn't able to fully accomplish all my goals given that's it's summer and I need to take advantage of it, I'm in a partial reading slump, and there's not much books that interest me these days.

The challenges this year weren't as creative (no offense) as the previous Bout of Books so I couldn't find it in myself to accomplish them all. At least, I got one down though.

I was also able to finally start and finish a review and it's getting ready to be posted soon. Just gotta deal with a corresponding bookish photo shoot. I definitely felt rusty in using my words but it was good to let all the thoughts run through.

Cheers to more Bout of Books to come! How did yours go?




No comments:

Post a Comment